Friday, September 19, 2008

The Novel

I agree that the book is graphic (and my daughter was definitely disturbed by it), but I think it is important that the kids learn that there are indeed places in this world where life is hard. Most teenagers are not aware of what other teenagers face in other parts of the world. I'll admit it, my daughter's biggest concern is if she went over her texting limits on her cell phone or if she has done well on a test. Never has she (and I pray that she will never have to) woken up on a floor wondering if this day will be her or one of her friend's last.

I have read up to the first assignment. I plan on spending some time with the book this weekend!!

Thanks for letting the parents participate!!

1 comment:

Mr.Rother said...

Thanks for participating! I couldn't agree with you more!!